2015 New Holland Agriculture 488 Haybine®
Call for Price
BEST IN PLUG-FREE CUTTING AND CONDITIONING
Rated number-one in smooth cutting and plug-free conditioning, the New Holland Haybine® mower-conditioners deliver core features that lead to top-of-the-line field performance and hay quality: genuine New Holland cutting parts; full, lateral and radial header flotation; chevron-design rubber rolls; the plug-free torsion-bar roll-pressure system; and no tools needed to change from swath to windrows. For the best in quality hay making, count on the original Haybine!
- Smooth, Reliable Cutting: Haybine® mower-conditioners lead the pack in cutting through heavy, down and tangled crops. That smooth, reliable cutting starts with over-serrated, bolt-on knife sections, adjustable sickle hold-down clips and square back-bar guards. And Haybine sickle drive systems are designed to provide clean cutting, less wear and vibration, with minimum maintenance.
- Dual, Counter-Stroking Sickles on 499: Dual, counter-stroking sickles deliver smooth, clean cutting on the Model 499. They’re gear driven from both sides, operate with less vibration and are easy to service. A 1700-strokes-per-minute sickle speed plus a full 3-inch stroke combine for fast, high-capacity cutting.
- Adjustable Cutting Angle and Height: Easily adjust knife and guard angle on the 499 to suit crop and field conditions. Hydraulic cutting angle adjustment is optional, allowing changes on the go, right from the tractor seat, which is ideal for working in rocky fields. Adjustable header skid shoes allow for easy changes in cutting height.
- The 499 Rolareel Header: At first glance, the header on the 12-foot 499 model looks like it’s missing something—there’s no auger. But the exclusive Rolareel header uses a converging reel to sweep the crop directly into the 110-inch conditioning rolls. Since the rolls are mounted in the main frame, the header is light enough to react quickly to changing ground contours for a closer, cleaner cut.
- The Heart of Every Haybine-Conditioning: Get gentle but thorough conditioning from New Holland chevron-design intermeshing rubber rolls. Their unique spiraled pattern helps grip the crop and keep it moving. The lugs crack the stem every three to four inches to release moisture for fast drydown.
- Unique Roll-Pressure System: Don’t get bogged down with crop plugging. The New Holland torsion-bar roll-pressure system applies near-constant pressure to the crop, even as the crop mat thickness changes, delivering the most consistent conditioning available. When the rolls reach their maximum opening, the pressure decreases automatically to permit slugs of crop to pass through without plugging.
- Easy No-Tools Pressure Adjustment: A turn of a crank is all it takes to change conditioning pressure to match field conditions. No tools are required. The critical roll-gap and roll tension can be adjusted for optimal conditioning, as well. For legumes, the roll should be maintained between 1/64 and 1/16 inches for optimum drydown.
- Convenience of Pivot-Tongue Hitch: Get the capacity of a self-propelled windrower with the pivot-tongue package that’s standard on the New Holland 499 Haybine® mower-conditioner. Easy adjustments provide plenty of flexibility to adapt to different crops and field conditions.
- Big-Time Maneuverability: Mow on either side of the tractor, make square corners, open fields easily or center the machine behind the tractor for easy transport with the 499.
- Fast Switch from Field to Road Ready: Save time when moving from field to field with auto-engaging locks on the 499 model. Just flip the over-center tongue spring latch and head locks, fully raise the header hydraulically and center it behind the tractor-the tongue lock and header locks engage automatically. There’s no need to get off the tractor a second time.
- Conditioner: Chevron-design intermeshing molded rubber rolls, torsion-bar roll pressure, single hand-crank adjustment
- Roll length (crushing area), in. (mm): 102 (2591)
- Roll diameter, in. (mm): 10-3/8 (264)
- Drives: Individual, #50 roller chain
- Speed, rpm: 637
- Pressure, lbs./in. (N/mm): 2 to 38 (0.3 to 6.6)
- Roll gap adjustment: Shims
- Material discharge, in. (mm): Adjustable gate for swath, windrow or intermediate widths; 38 and 96 (965 and 2438)
- Cutterbar: One assembly
- Knives: Bolted, over-serrated sections, adjustable assemblies, timed, dual, counter-stroking sickles
- Guards: Twin, forged steel, double-hardened hold-downs
- Cutting height, in. (mm): 1.25 to 4.25 (32 to 108)
- Cutting angle, degrees: -7 or -10
- Guard points max lift, in. (mm): 19 (483)
- Skid shoes: 2
- Sickle drive: wobble joint
- Sickle speed, spm: 1632
- Sickle stroke, in. (mm): 3 (76)
- Cutting Width, ft. in. (mm): 9'3" (2819)
- Overall width, operating, ft. in. (mm): 13'8-1/4" (4172)
- Overall width, transport, ft. in. (mm): 12'2" (3708)
- Overall length, transport, ft. in. (mm): 13'4" (4064)
- Overall height, operating, ft. in. (mm): 3'6" (1067)
- Overall height, raised, ft. in. (mm): 5'7" (1702)
- Drive: 540 rpm PTO
- Hydraulic Cylinders: Optional header lift, Rope control
- Minimum Tractor Req: 35-hp (26.1 kw)
- One remote hydraulic circuit required, capable of 1500 psi (10342 kpa)
- Operating Speed, mph (kph): up to 8 (13)
- Max safe transport speed, mph (kph): 25 (40)
- Reel: 4-tine bar
- Peripheral speed, mph (kph): 6.5 to 8.6 (10.5 to 13.8)
- Speed Adjustment: Variable sheave
- Diameter (maximum), ft. in. (mm): 3'6-1/4" (1073)
- Adjustments: Fore/aft, vertical, pitch
- Drive: Belt and chain
- Bushings/bearings, in. (mm): 1.25 (31.75) bearing w/collar at cam end and bushings at all other locations
- Tires: 27 x 9.50-15 flotation
- Tractor Hookup: Equal-angle PTO
- Weight, lbs. (kg): 2763 (1253)
- Working Width
- 13 ft. 8-1/4 in. (4172 mm)
- 12 ft. 2 in. (3708 mm)
- 13 ft. 4 in. (4064 mm)
- 2763 lb. (1253 kg)
- Recommended HP
- 35-hp (26.1 kw)